Friday, August 14, 2015

Blast From the Past

Guess what! It's August 14th... you know what that means! Two years ago today I left my family, friends, and my life at home so I could serve a full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for a year and a half in Idaho. A mission that changed my life forever. Where my love and faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ was strengthened, where I shared my testimony with complete strangers, and then these strangers became some of my best friends, where I was tested, yelled at, cursed at, cared for, and embraced. A mission where I had a front row seat to seeing the effect of the Atonement in people's lives. Where I witnessed miracles; experienced failure and success. Where I felt the power of the Spirit, so much stronger than you or I, work through me, because my own was not enough. A mission where my weaknesses became strengths. Where I learned more deeply about the plan that God has for all of us. And where I had a burning desire to do whatever it took to help others know that plan too. A mission where I learned so much. And now, I'm still learning. But thanks to that wonderful mission; it jump started the rest of my life. I may not know everything about this life, but I do know that I have this time to learn what God needs me to. And I know where I'm going. I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and can bring us even more and lasting happiness than we can imagine. See for yourself :)
When I got my mission call



If you want to learn more about how YOU can feel this happiness and more in your life, click on the icon  below >>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here